What to Expect When You Get a Hair Transplant in Pune
The men in India tend to experience hair thinning and baldness as early as 20 years old. It was also reported that many men fell victim to botched treatment procedures performed by quacks without any medical credentials.
With this rise in demand came an increase in the number of legitimate clinics that offer the service of hair transplant in Pune. Note that these are health care centers with duly licensed surgeons and well-trained trained staff.
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a medical procedure that is performed either by a dermatological or plastic surgeon. During this procedure, hair follicles from healthy skin are transferred to balding parts of the head.
These procedures make use of local anaesthesia and can be performed in clinics or other smaller medical offices. That means you don’t need to go to a hospital to get a hair transplant in Pune.
Causes of Hair Loss
When you come in for a consultation with a surgeon in Pune, they will discuss with you the potential causes of hair loss. It is important to ascertain what caused your hair to thin out. This initial diagnosis is essential. It will help the doctor to determine how to proceed with your treatment.
In general, the cause of hair loss or thinning among men and women is pattern baldness. Sometimes it comes down to genetics however there are other contributing factors that may be behind the condition as well, which includes the following:
- Certain medications that you are taking
- Hormonal imbalances
- Illnesses and other pre-existing medical conditions
- Your diet
During the initial checkup, your surgeon will recommend initial tests that will help determine the course of treatment that is best suited to your needs.
It’s Not Just for Men
It is natural to assume that it is the men who will try to get a hair transplant in the Pune region. However, that is not actually the case. Even Indian women can also experience pattern baldness. This means women who experience hair thinning and hair loss can also consult with hair replacement experts in Pune.
Note that these services aren’t exclusive to locals in India alone. Foreign medical tourists who are seeking affordable treatment can also consult with these surgeons. People who have experienced some form of hair loss due to scalp injury or hair burns will also benefit from these medical procedures.
Another important thing to note is that these hair replacements aren’t recommended for everyone. When you come in for your initial consultation, your doctor may recommend other treatments in case you are experiencing any of the following:
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy and you’re experiencing hair loss
- They’re not recommended for patients who regularly form keloid scars
- Patients who do not have enough donor sites where replacement hairs can be taken from
- These procedures aren’t recommended for women who have widespread hair loss
FUT vs. FUE
When you get a hair transplant in Pune, most clinics will offer either FUT or FUE. FUT stands for follicular unit transplantation while FUE stands for Follicular Unit Extraction. The next question is which treatment option you should opt for.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation: in a FUT procedure, your surgeon will cut off a strip of your skin from the donor area (i.e. the area where the hair will be taken, usually the side and back of the head and at times also from the beard if any). The removed scalp/skin will then be cut into smaller units and then implanted individually.
- Follicular Unit Extraction: in an FUE procedure, hair follicles are cut out directly and then transplanted into the target areas. Your head will be bandaged for a few days to facilitate healing.
Why FUE is the Better Option
So, which method of hair transplant in Pune should you opt for? FUE could be a better option. FUE is currently the most advanced hair replacement technique. Surgeons will use micro-needles in the process which leaves little or no visible scars when hair follicles are extracted from the donor area.
A scalpel or punch is then used to make small holes in the numbed area of the skin (i.e. anesthetics are applied). Individual grafts are made during the process.
From this method you will get the following advantages:
- It is a minimally invasive procedure, which means you will feel a lot less pain compared to other procedures
- Healing is also very fast—in fact, you can already go back to work, school, or whatever it is you’re supposed to do that day right after the operation
- There is no scarring
- The hair tends to look more natural
- Very little post-operative pain will be experienced if any
These are the things that you should expect when you get a hair transplant from a clinic in Pune. Expect to get world-class service from experienced medical professionals. Call today for a free consultation or to schedule an initial screening and assessment.