Why You Should Choose Carnaroli Rice to Make Risotto
Italian Carnaroli rice originates from one of the northern provinces from Italy, and they are arguably the best choice to make risotto. Carnaroli and Arborio are the most commonly used rice in the making of this delicious risotto. They both have a high starch content and also absorb liquid quite easily and quickly. Carnaroli rice, in particular, is able to absorb large amounts of liquid without overcooking the rice and giving it a creamy texture that usually is a sign of a premium risotto.
Carnaroli is also considered to be the king of rice in all Italian regions and provinces. If you are looking to buy carnaroli rice online to make the perfect risotto, you should actually give it a try. You can even substitute carnaroli in a recipe that calls for Arborio rice as well.
So why choose carnaroli?
Here are some reasons that you should use while making risotto with Italian Carnaroli Rice.
- It has a firmer texture than most other risotto rice, such as Arborio.
- It is creamier as well.
- It’s also hard to overcook.
- The carnaroli rice grains are longer, and they can keep their shape.
- They are more forgiving with cooking mistakes.
These risotto rice, however, cannot be found so commonly at departmental stores across the world. You can buy carnaroli rice online, and you should be able to try them out. In fact, you’ll see a significantly better tasting risotto once you begin using Carnaroli rice instead of other kinds of risotto rice.
Now, here’s a recipe for one of the best Italian risotto recipes, Caprese Tomato Risotto.
Caprese Tomato Risotto
Ingredients for the Recipe
- 6.5 to 7 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
- Four cloves of garlic
- A quarter cups of minced onions
- 1.15 ounces of petite diced undrained tomatoes
- A pinch of sugar
- 1.5 cups of Carnaroli rice
- A cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- Three-quarters of dry vermouth
- A third of a cup of sliced fresh basil
- 8 ounces of mozzarella pearls
- Half a cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Balsamic glaze
- Firstly, bring the chicken stock to a boil and then leave it to a simmer on low heat.
- Then, heat some extra virgin olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Then add in some onion and a pinch of salt to help sweat the onions quicker. Cook the onions till they have softened well for about 5 minutes.
- Now add in the rice and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After that, add rice and garlic and cook for five more minutes. Then stored in the tomatoes and sugar.
- After this, add in the vermouth and stir until it evaporates entirely.
- Then add in the simmering away chicken stock, one ladleful at a time. And cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Lastly, remove from heat the carnaroli rice and stir in cherry tomatoes, basil, parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Season the risotto with salt and pepper.
- Then drizzle a good amount of balsamic glaze on it.
Apart from that sumptuous recipe, one of the best and only ways to have risotto is by pairing it with a great glass of wine. The best wine pairing for a tomato risotto is a sauvignon Blanc and Rose. They are easily available and make it a top-notch experience for the diner. If you want a wholesome date night experience on a night in with your partner/spouse, this is by far the best recipe to try. There’s no way you’ll be disappointed with carnaroli rice risotto bought at an online rice store.