What Is The Manufacturing Process Of Fiberglass Swimming Pools?
Have you ever wondered how a fiberglass swimming pool is made? Let’s have an eye at the three steps of building a fiberglass inground pool :
- The pattern’s or “plug’s” creation
- The mold-making process
- The process of making the pool shell
The Pattern Of The Pool
- The procedure starts with creating the pattern (also known as the plug), which is the pool shell’s initial form. We use wood, fiberglass, body filler, and primer to build it.
- It isn’t a pool, but it is a perfect copy of one.
- Most of the swimming pool companies make the mold from this.
- We create the mold inside the pattern and then remove it from it.
- Once the pattern is formed, liquid sealers and release agents are applied to the pattern to allow the completed mold to be removed.
- The pattern takes 3–4 months to complete.
The Mold Of The Pool
- The second stage in creating a new fiberglass pool design is to make a mold.
- The mold is orange-red on the outside and has a fiberglass and steel-framed inside.
- Fiberglass pool manufacturers rotate the mold over after removing it from the pattern and prepare the surface in the same way as the pattern so that the pool shell that will be created on it can release.
- The molds are on wheels so that we can move them around.
- The mold is orange in contrast with the blue gel coat on the pool. It ensures that we have adequate coverage and that we can see if the mold and pool have been entangled in any way.
- A steel frame supports the whole underside of the mold.
- The pattern and mold are responsible for 95% of the effort involved in constructing a new fiberglass pool design, be it around or a rectangle fiberglass pool.
- The mold is normally built-in within 3–4 weeks.
The Swimming Pool’s Shell
- The third and last phase in the procedure is to build the pool shell.
- Fiberglass pool companies build the pool on top of the mold after it’s finished and ready to use and then remove the pool shell from the top of the mold.
- The pool shell may be built in 1–2 days.
Taking The Pool Shell Out Of Its Mold
- The fiberglass pool contractors wheel the mold out of the building, secure the fiberglass swimming pool shell with straps, and then remove the pool shell from the mold.
- When the first pool is pulled from a fresh mold, the fiberglass pool dealers feel a bit concerned. Things can become stuck despite all of the greatest efforts, best practices, and amazing release agents that are meant to allow the pool to come off the mold. We congratulate ourselves on a smooth and consistent rollout!
- We can wheel the mold back inside the building after removing the pool shell and use it to make many additional pools.