Understanding the process of a Canada Study Visa
Canada is one of the most popular countries that attracts a high number of students from India. To secure admission to top Universities in Canada, the candidates should possess high academic scores and permission to study i.e Canada study visa.
This implies that if you are aspiring to enrol in the academic, professional, or equivalent course at any college/university, or any other educational institution in Canada, then you need to possess a study permit to be allowed to enter the country.
The study permit is provided to students when they enter Canada. Furthermore, the student needs to first apply for a Temporary Resident Visa to be allowed to reach there. With this, students must be familiar with the reasons for the rejection of the Canada Visa. In this article, we will discuss the complete details of the process of Canada study visas, Canada student visa processing time, and much more.
What is a Canada Study Permit?
A Canada study permit is a document provided by immigration authorities of Canada which implies that international students have the required permission to study in Canada. Moreover, International students are not allowed to study in Canada without having a valid student visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Student Visa
The students must fulfil all the prescribed eligibility conditions to get a Canada student visa. You are eligible to apply for the Canada Study Visa if you satisfy the following conditions:
- Must be a fully vaccinated traveller.
- Must have been accepted by a Designated Learning Institute (DLI).
- You need to prove that you have sufficient funds to survive in Canada and pay for your tuition fee, living costs for yourself and family members who are going with you to Canada, and return transportation expenses for yourself and any family member.
- You need to prove that you have a good background without any kind of criminal record. For this, you need to produce a police verification certificate to support the claims.
- Get your health checkup and submit a medical certificate that proves your good health.
Documents Required for Canada Student Visa
The list of documents required for applying for the Canada student visa process is as follows:
- Valid Passport
- Acceptance Proof by a Designated Learning Institution
- Proof of Funds
- Passport Size Photographs
- Statement of Purpose
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score
- Credit Card for Online Application Fees
Steps to Apply for a Canadian Visa for Study
Follow the steps shared below to apply for the process of a Canada study visa without any hassle.
- Check the Canada study permit processing time: The Canada student visa processing time depends on where you are applying for the same. Generally speaking, the processing time is 9 weeks if applying from any other country and 4 weeks if you are applying from Canada. Hence, it is recommended to check the Canadian consulate website to get an idea of the actual Canada study visa processing time and you can track your application online.
- Next, there are two ways to apply for the Canada Student Visa.
- Online Application: To apply online for the Canada student visa process, you need to possess a scanner/camera to get the digital copies of the documents that need to be uploaded and should also have a credit card to pay the application fee. However, you still need to submit a finger scan at the regional Visa Application Centre (VAC). With this, in case of the online application process you need to go to the VFS office to submit your passport and also need to confirm the submission of the application form along with the application fee.
- Apply Offline: In this method, you need to download the application kit and go through the instruction document carefully. There is a plethora of information regarding the student visa mentioned in the instruction guide and the guidelines will also help you fill out your application form with Next, go through the guidelines carefully and take the help of a document checklist.
- Payment of the processing fee: After filling out the application fees, the next step is to pay the processing fee successfully. At the time of submission of the application form through VFS/offline/ mail, you need to pay the visa fee along with the VFS Global service charges. Remember that the processing fee will not be refunded under any condition.
- Final Submission of the application with required documents: The final step of the application process is to go to the nearby VFS office. After reaching there, make the payment of service charges and give them your filled-out application form to receive the receipt.
Canada student visa processing time
The Canada study permit processing time is the time usually taken by the CIC to process the visa application. It commences when the students submit the application form till the last day of decision. There is no particular time frame prescribed for the complete Canada student visa process. However, it is expected to take around 12 weeks approximately. Students who have submitted the application form both online and online modes can track their application status via their MyCIC accounts.