Types of Cakes for your Hunger
A huge variety of cakes are made to satisfy your hunger, and they all are categorized based on their mixing method and ingredients used. Usually, bakers divide them by their names, such as sponge cake, fruit cakes, butter cake, and so on, which can help you decide what type of cake you want to eat, but it will not help you with the preparation of such cakes. Each cake has its process with the right ingredients, which makes it true to its name. Here, you will find different types of cakes which you can try-
- Pound Cake– The name of this type of cake has been derived from the number of ingredients used to make it. They are measured in proportion, such as a pound of sugar, a pound of butter, a pound of flour, etc. It is similar to a butter cake. Pound cake always varies as you’ll find that in some recipes, the egg yolk and the egg white are separated and whipped, whereas in other cases baking soda or baking powder is used. These types of cakes are typically served plain or can be decorated with icing. You will find coffee cakes, sour cream cakes, similar to a pound cake, and they are a type of loaf and Bundt pan. You can get this cake delivered in Indore for your loved ones.
- Sponge Cake– Sponge cakes are the oldest and most widely loved cake. It is also called a foam cake and requires few ingredients. So, for those in a hurry to make a cake, this is the best cake you can make. Sponge cakes are usually used for other desserts such as swiss rolls, snack cake, jelly rolls, etc. But you can enjoy it as it, and there are different kinds of sponge cakes which have different names in different countries.
- Biscuit Cake– In French, they are known as ‘Bees-kwee’, and they are a type of sponge cake where egg white and egg yolk are whipped separately. Here, the batter is light which makes it easy to make ladyfinger-shaped cakes. You can get a chewy, spongy taste if you bake it in a tube pan used to be famous in the 18th century.
- Butter Cake– Butter cakes contain lots of sugar, cream, and butter and are very soft. To make the batter freshen, eggs are added after the creaming is done and flour or sometimes milk in its replacement, giving it a structure. Baking powder and baking soda ensure that the cake gets fluffy while in the oven. Moreover, there are different types of butter cakes batter such as marble, chocolate, white, and coloring depends on the number of egg whites and egg yolks in it.
- Chiffon Cake– This is an American invention that combines oil cake and a sponge cake. Here, vegetable oil is also used along with eggs and baking powder to make the batter soft. On the top, it gives a tender crumb which is similar to an oil cake, and the base is spongy. You can make chiffon cakes in a tube pan and layer it with frosting fillings or icing it with your favorite toppings. Also, you can order through cake delivery in Ghaziabad to make any occasion more delightful with the new American touch.
- Red Velvet Cake- It is a type of butter cake but is made with oil instead of butter. Here, in the batter, cocoa is added, which gives a unique red velvet flavor, and earlier, it was the combination of buttermilk and raw cocoa which led to the invention of red velvet. But today you will find these cakes made with food coloring. This cake is very delicious and is very famous today. The red color and white frosting make it more attractive and symbolized love.
- Carrot Cake- Carrot cake is made with vegetable oil or canola oil and uses a similar leavening process to butter cake. Thus, it takes more time than butter cakes to come out, and sometimes, and it can be greasy on the sides.
These were some of the common types of cakes that are widely famous and made. You can also try different recipes to make these cakes for your loved ones or send through online cake delivery in Gurgaon to make the occasion more special.