Identity Verification – Robust Solution For Fight Against Identity Frauds
Digital identity verification is a process through which businesses verify that the authorized entity has access to its services. It uses various verification mechanisms such as facial biometric verification and ID document verification to help financial and non-financial organizations to prevent identity thefts. Traditional identity verification services required the end-users to physically visit banks and government agencies for their verification. It required a lot of time and effort from the end-user. Digital identity verification enabled seamless verification of end-users in real-time without the hassle of physically visiting the organization.
Methods of Digital Identity Verification
There are several methods used for digital identity verification. The end-user usually provides the information in the form of biometrics or ID documents. This information is matched against the government’s authenticated records. Following methods are used for digital verification:
- The end-user captures or uploads the image of his ID document
- Optical Character Recognition technology fetches the ID information from the image
- This ID information is matched against the government records to verify the authenticity
- On successful verification, the information is displayed and saved in the back office
- The end-user takes a picture of his ID document.
- End-User captures his live selfie.
- The image from the ID document is matched against the end user’s live selfie.
- The end-user is successfully verified if the live selfie matches the ID document.
- Results are shown to the end-user and kept in the back office.
- The end-user captures the image of the ID document and address document
- Optical Character Recognition extracts the address details from the documents and matches them
- On a successful match, the system verifies the end-user and stores the result in the back office
- End-user enters the personalized code or online authentication system suggests auto-generated code for login attempts
- On login, the end-user is required to enter the verification code as a 2-factor authentication measure
- The system successfully verifies if the verification code matches with the system record
- The results are then displayed and secured in the back office
Use Cases of Digital Identity Verification
Physical verification was time-consuming. Each passenger has to wait in a long line for their turn due to the slow manual verification process. Digital authentication solution enabled customer verification in real-time by verifying customer’s ID documents. It became easier for airport authorities to verify and onboard their customers. Saving the hassle of manual verification.
Esports audience to reach 577.2 million by 2024 worldwide. The gaming community continues to increase day by day. With the evolving threat of identity fraud, gaming industries must perform comprehensive KYC background checks of their customers. This solution helped gaming industries to verify and onboard approved players in real-time. While ensuring that the eligible customer onboards during the KYC process and removing the false identity.
Financial organizations use this solution for KYC and AML compliance to prevent criminals from accessing sensitive information. It screens the user against high-risk entities. This solution uses a credit card and age verification solution to ensure that the user performing the process of account opening or processing the payment is the accredited one. While restricting the users possessing invalid ID documents and fake identity.
Financial regulatory bodies have introduced KYC and AML regulations to prevent identity and financial scams for crowdfunding organizations. Identity frauds pose a major risk as criminals use sophisticated ways to carry out money laundering activities through this platform. Crowdfunding organizations are using digital identity verification services to comply with KYC/AML regulations and deter the malicious activities of criminals. With appropriate customer due diligence and KYC documents check-in place, it will minimize the existing threat of financial crimes.
Digital identity verification is essential for businesses to follow KYC/AML regulations. It enables businesses to perform seamless customer onboarding in real-time. While preventing the bad actors from the access of sensitive information. Whether your business is in financial sector or not, this is the complete solution for protection against identity and financial frauds.